Demonstrating God in Love to Others
Purpose: To grow in our relationship with the Lord, to serve Him with all our Christian sisters, and to minister to the world around us.
Bible verse: That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.- Colossians 1:10
Our Women’s Ministry was organized in 2004 to give all the women of MBC, of every age, a means of coming together for growth, service and fellowship.
Some of the ministries of MWM are:
- Palmer Home ministry
- Bear Ministry
- Hands of Hope
- Shut-ins meals
- Sewing group
- Prayer ministry
- Firefighters ministry
- Operation Christmas Child
We have been involved in a number of outreach activities this year.
- Collecting clothing and household items for the Hands of Hope in West Virginia
- Bear Ministry collected stuffed animals to be used on the Fire/Rescue trucks here in Starkville. We have also sent bears to Hands of Hope, Beautiful Feet and to the Gulf Coast with the Fairview BC ministry.
- Palmer Home ministry has collected food, school supplies and toiletry bags for new arrivals.
- Sewing ministry has made walker bags and lap blankets for the nursing homes and dolls for Paula Anthony’s ministry in Honduras
- Delivered boxes of snacks, bottled water and drinks to two of the four Fire Stations here in Starkville and we will deliver to the other two before the year is over
- Participated in the Walk for Life for the Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Coordinated Operation Christmas Child for several years
- Provide once-a-month meals for the shut-ins in our fellowship as well as several other families with needs. Currently we are delivering 16 meals.
Other activities of our Women’s Ministry include:
- Tuesday and Thursday prayer times here at the Church and an e-mail prayer list which goes out to 10 ladies two times a week who can’t attend our morning prayer times but desire to join us in intercessory prayer.
- A yearly luncheon in January to share ministry information with all ladies of the Church
We published a Church Cookbook this year with the cooperation of all the wonderful cooks at Meadowview.
Plans for the future include (in addition to our ongoing ministries):
- resuming our annual Women’s Conference
- preparing welcome bags to be given to new Church members
- collecting toiletries and other necessities for evacuees to be donated to the Red Cross/Salvation Army